Picture from http://www.eonline.com
Dj Khaled’s son
Dj Khaled whose real name is Khaled Mohammed Khaled is a record producer and songwriter to some of the hottest music you listen to on the radio today. He is a musician who has also worked with Drake, Rick Ross, T-pain, Fat Joe and many others. Though he has many other titles he is something more. Dj Khaled father of asahd bought his son to the B.E.T awards and look how suave baby Asahd looks. We love the colorful suit. K.I.D Clothes sees a future fashionista!!
picture from http://www.bet.com
Melody Love Norwood
This year’s B.E.T awards 2019 was hot!!! the music and fashion was outstanding. We especially love Ray J and Princess Love’s one year old daughter. Melody Love Norwood adorable outfit stole the show. K.I.D Clothes has declared Melody as the best dressed child at the B.E.T awards 2019. It’s adorable how mom and daughter had the same dress print. It worked for mom and baby girl worked it herself.
Picture from http://www.justjared.com
Jamie Foxx’s daughter
Jamie Fox is an Academy Award winning actor, comedian, and musician. He is also a father of two daughters. One of them Annalise Bishop, whom he bought to the 2017 B.E.T Awards. Her clothing for the event was simple. Just jeans and a shirt. Simple pre-teen attire
Picture from http://www.ybf.com
Lil mama baby sister
In 2008 lil mama brought her little sister Jessica to the B.E.T awards at the Amphitheater in L.A. We love Jessica’s simple print. She looks very girly and lovely. K.I.D Clothes loves the footwear.
Picture from http://www.bet.com
Jaiden and Willow Smith
Even back in 2012 Will Smith’s children Jaiden and Willow were setting their own fashion trends. A couple of years before they won the Youngstars award where they acknowledge young stars. In the B.E.T awards 2012 they dressed like fashionable teenagers waiting to set the fashion world on fire.
Ramona Dejesus-Curtis is the creator and founder of K.I.D Clothes. She is not only an entrepreneur, but also a wife, mother, blogger ,vlogger, special needs advocate.
Please visit http://www.K-I-D-Clothes.myshopify.com for newborn, infant and toddlers clothes.
K.I.D Clothes http://www.K-I-D-Clothes.myshopify.com
Also follow us at
Many moms and especially new moms who just delivered ask this question. Which one is better for the newborn baby and the mom who dress the child.
T-shirts are a staple in baby’s wardrobe. It is simple and not complicated. It can be worn in a variety of styles and colors. There are usually nosnaps or zippers so it makes it easy to put on.
1. T shirts for newborns can be worn underneath clothes during the d cooler months to keep baby warm.
2. Many moms prefer the simplicity of a t-shirt at night being that it has no snaps or buttons.
On the other hand onesies have their own features and benefits that make life easier for mom
1. Onesies will never ride up like shirts do. Every time a shirt rides up it exposes the belly. There are times you do not want rhis to happen especially when the baby still has their umbillical atrached to them. The possibility of the shirt pulling or tugging the umbilical can cause harm to the newborn.
2. The snap crotch at the bottom of onesie makes it easy access for a diaper change.
3. Their is a purpose for a onesie
After a major leak all you have to do is pull down the onesie instead of up for a more sanitary outfit change.
4. A onesie prevents baby from reaching for diaper.
The majority of moms do complain that the onesie cuts off acess to the back so they can do a diaper check.
Onesies are made for children past a year old. There are companies. that make them up to 24 months.
For onesies that are fashionable for your baby and educational for mom please visit http://www.K-I-D-Clothes.myshopify.com Also check out our social media handles.
Everyone wants to travel with their family for fun,adventure, and memories. Having a family vacation to Disneyland, Niagara Falls, or a trip to the Carrebean would create beutiful memories for your family. But what if one of your children is diagnosed with a disabiliy? Travelling is already stressful, imagine travelling with a special needs child. Planning a vacation or travelling to Disneyland with a special needs child should not overwhelm you. Here are five tips for travelling with a special needs child that hopefully will make your trip go smoothly.
1. Consult with the child’s pediatrician. Get permission and have your child medically cleared to make sure they’re able to travel without limitations. And if there are limitations they need to be addressed. Make sure the doctor provides a note that states the condition or diability the child has, list of medications, allergies to medications or food and what to do in case of an emergency. Know the location of the nearest hospital and pharmacy in the area which you will be staying. Keeping this in order will cause you unnecessary stress if a medical emergency arises.
*If you are planning a road trip with a special needs child be aware of the rest stops so your child would be able to use the restroom and stretch theeir legs. Make sure you have ipads, game consoles, anything that will keep your child entertained, calm and distracted.
*If you decide to travel by train with a child with a disability, the train trip should be short. Make sure you book a train that has bathroom facilities on it to make your life easier for you and your family. Also just like the road trip, make sure your child has an ipad, game consoles and something you should also consider noise cancelling headphones. Many children especially those diagnosed with autism suffer ffrom sensory processing disorder and noise affect them. A good noise cancelling headphone will make the trip go much smoother.
*Air travel with a special needs child should not overwhelm you. Book early so you can prepare. Always call ahead and discuss their policy and guidelines for passengers with disabilities.
Tip** if your child suffers from hyperactivity or ADHD book a window seat away from the aisle. This prevents the child from hitting another passenger walking down the aisle, hitting a cart, or the child themselves running down the aisle.
3. Have a back up plan. You never know when you will be running late, car breaks down, crises happens or you miss the flight. You need a plan to deal with the child to keep him entertained while the situation is being dealt with. You might need to bring a special toy, ipad, snack something to help pass the time. The last thing you need is for a child to drive the whole family crazy.
4. Before you leave create a checklist and check it before you leave. Make sure you have doctor’s phone number, medications, special toys, health insurance card.
You do not want to walk out the door and realize your child’s life necessary medication was left on the kitchen table.
5. Find resources to help you. In todays internet world where we are all connected, you can find facebook groups, online support groups and valuable information to help plan your family vacation with a special needs child. Also consult with a travel agent. They can help you plan your trip. They can assist you with hotel accomodations and map out your trip for your family.
We hope this will help you take the fear of planning your vacation with your family no matter what the circumstances are. Remember every family is different and every disability is not the same. But these guidelines should help get your trip together and create memories for your family.
Ramona Dejesus Curtis is a resident of ny/nj metro area. She is a wife, mompreneur, blogger, vlogger special needs advocate
She is the creator and founder of K.I.D Clothes.
The weather is getting warmer. Spring is finally here. This is the time of year where parents and their children enjoy the outdoors. They usually visit the parks and playgrounds.
Even though the playground is a fun place for our children where they can feel free to run jump and climb, at the same time it can be a dangerous place where children can get seriously injured.
So what should a child wear to the playground. K.I.D Clothes and me created a fashion playground safety checklist. Here is a list of five things you should always consider when you dress your child for the playground.
Here are the fashion playground safety do’s and don’ts
1. Drawstrings. Please remove all drawstrings from shorts and pants. These strings are a danger at the playground. Drawstrings have been known to get caught on playgound equipment and cause serious harm.
Be mindful of fringes, scarves necklaces and loose clothing. Even the U.S. CPSC(Consumer Product Safety Commission) recommends these items to be removed from the child to ensure safety.
2. I understand the urge to dress your child in cute shorts and short sleeve shirts because its warm. But the thing is that long sleeve shirts and long pants will be safer for your child.
*Provide better protection from sunlight
* Protect from insect bites that can cause West Nile Virus and Lyme disease.
* Protect from bumps and bruises.
3. If your child has long hair tie it up. This goes for boys also. Accidents have occurred where hair gets caught on the equipment so tie their hair up.
4. Shoes. Children should not go to the playground with sandals, flip flops or barefoot.. They are in danger of getting rocks, gravel and glass caught in their foot.
5. If your child will be riding a bike the number one accessory is a helmet.
Ramona Dejesus curtis is an entrepreneur,special needs advocate, blogger,vlogger,wife, and mom in the city.
Podcast kidstuff at http://www.spreaker.com
If you have small children you want simple breakfast to get those kids out of the house to daycare, your babysitter ect.
These are three simple breakfast for your children that are healthy and filling.
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of milk
2 tbsp of maple syrup
1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract
1/2 tbsp of cinnamon
1/2 tbsp of nutmeg
Combine oats, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and maple syrup.
Bring to a boil. Then let it simmer 3-5 minutes. Cool it down. Serve or put in refrigerator, serve the next day.
2. Dry Cereal
Place cap’n Crunch or Apple jacks in a cup and go.
This is convenient and quick.
3. Banana pancakes
3 ripe bananas
Nutmeg, cinnamon, syrup(optional)
Beat eggs, mash bananas in a separate bowl. Add egs to banana mixture. Also add nutmeg and cinnamon.
Add butter to pan. Place mixture on pan. Flip the pancake whe you are able to lift pancake with spatula and it stays intact.
Once its done drizzle with favorite syrup or honey.
We hope you enjoyed our quick simple breakfast ideas on the go.
Ramona Dejesus-Curtis is a wife, mother, entrepreneur, blogger, vlogger and special needs advocate.
You can go to http://www.K-I-D Clothes.myshopify.com
Check out K.I.D Clothea first podcast
Ramona Dejesus-Curtis is the creator and founder of K.I.D Clothes where she empowers moms with baby care information so they can deliver the best care for their childthrough clothes.
Also follow K.I.D Clothes on
When you think about baby shower gifts every one thinks of the usual gifts they give to the new expecting mother. Below are the top seven gifts given at any typical baby shower party.
- Diapers I believe this may be the number one item on every baby shower party. During the years they have become creative in the way they deliver this gift in a baby shower.Now they come in diaper cakes and centerpieces. Believe me it is a neccesity because parents can spend over $500 dollars on diapers a year alone without all the other necessities the baby needs.
2. Gifts from the heart. This can be a gift from grandma who worked many hours making that blanket. Family members sometimes get motivated to create something that they believe will have a personal significance in the baby’s life. They start knitting hats and socks. It’s sentimental.
3. Blankets. From Swaddling blankets, receiving blankets or just blankets to keep baby warm. This is a popular gifts at baby showers. What a great gift especially in the winter when you want to keep the baby warm.Just remember to let a new mom know not to have a blanket in the crib unless baby is swaddled.
4. Clothes. Remember babies grow fast especially the first year. They are going to outgrow their clothes real fast. It is always a good idea to get clothes a size or two up. Popular clothes given at baby showers are onesies, tshirts, bibs, burp cloths, maybe that one or two cute clothing set for photographs, showing off the baby.
5. Baby wraps. This has become a new popular baby shower gift. A baby wrap is a gift that allows the mom or any family member to bond with that child.
Ramona Dejesus-Curtis is the creator and founder of K.I.D Clothes
Go to http://www.K-I-D-Clothes.myshopify.com for newborn, infant and children clothes
She also is a writer for kidclothesblog.com, a blog for mommies about babies.
Ramona Dejeusu-Curtis currently lives with her family in New Jersey where she also is a vlogger on her twitter page(twitter.com/kidclothes12) and special needs advocate.
Also follow K.I.D Clothes on instagram.com/kidclothes4u
Aap. The American Association of pediatrics is dedicated to the well being of newborns to young adults.
Blankets. Receiving blankets,swaddling blankets, blankets that keep your baby warm are a necessity in the winter. But please keep the blankets out of the crib to reduce the risk of suffocation and SIDS.
Car seat. When you place a child in a car seat, place them without their winter coat or outer gear. We want the straps to fit securely on the child. This prevents the baby from slipping out of place during a crash.
Dry skin. Newborns tend to suffer from dry skin especially in the cold winter months. Be sure to moisturize their little bodies to help prevent dry skin.
Ears. The baby’s ears is one of the first places where they suffer frostbite. Always keep their ears covered with a hat.
Frostbite. Frostbite is an injury to the skin and underlying tissues caused by freezing weather. We must take precautionary measures in winter time to protect the baby by getting too cold.
Germs. A newborn’s immune system is still weak. Please wash your hands if you are going to hold a newborn. Do not hold a newborn if you are sick. Germs are not a baby’s friend.
Hats. Babies have a hard time regulating their body temperature. They lose majority of heat through their heads. This is why they always place a hat immediately when the baby is born.
Infant carrier. When it comes to wearing a baby in an infant carrier, safety comes first. Whether you wear your baby inside or outside your coat, make sure the baby’s head is upright and close to your face.
Jacket. When purchasing a jacket or outerwear make sure its waterproof to protect your baby from the elements and keep them dry. A dry baby is a warm baby.
Kimono shirts. Kimono shirts for babies are convenient shirts with straps in front and sides which makes it easier dressing. You can place it over a simple t-shirt to add warmth. And it makes baby look cute.
Layers. When dressing a baby start with layers. Start with a onesie or t-shirt made of polyester or wool which will help keep the baby dry. Then you can add a sweater or jacket on top.
Mittens. To keep your baby’s hands protected from the harsh cold weather, put mittens on them. * To keep the mittens in place put socks over them.*
Newborn checklist. Your checklist for a winter baby might be different from a baby born in summer or spring. Make sure you have the necessary items of clothes to keep your baby warm.
Overheated. Remember to monitor your baby in the winter. They can become easily overheated if they are wearing too much clothes. Check their tummy or neck. If they feel warm or sweaty, then your baby is too hot. This is when you start removing some clothing.
Pajamas. In the winter many moms prefer to put their little ones on a full body pajamas that cover their feet also. This provides extra warmth especially underneath a sleep sac.
Questions??? If you are a new mom you have the right to ask questions about your newborn. In this day and age there a are so many resources available you can use. You have family, friends, online resources and your baby’s pediatrician. You should not feel uncomfortable to ask about anything you are unfamiliar with or dont know.
Rompers. Rompers are a one piece garment worn by babies and infants. They are longer than a onesie with most garments that cover babies legs.
Stroller. When you place a baby in a stroller you can cover them with a special stroller covering that provides airflow and warmth.
Temperature. 68-72 degress Fahrenheit is the optimal temperature for newborns when they are inside.
Unbundle inside. In the winter once inside, you can start undressing the baby to prevent them from becoming overheated.
Vests. Vests are excellent in the winter for layering. Place baby in a undershirt, shirt, and vest to keep baby warm.
Wearable blanket. Also known as a sleep sac. A sleep sac is a wearable blanket that eliminates any loose blankets or sheets in the crib.
X-tra socks. You should stock up on socks for your baby in the winter to keep their feet warm.
Your skin. Once your baby gets inside from the cold, one of the quickest ways to warm them up is skin to skin contact.
Zzsleep. When you place your child to sleep at night make sure the crib is bare. No toys, pillows or blankets. Especially the first year to help lower the risk of SIDS.
Ramona DeJesus is an entrepreneur, blogger, vlogger and special needs advocate. Also look forward to her podcast kidstuff coming soon.
There are many celebrity parents (Jay-Z and Beyonce, George Clooney and Amal Clooney, Mariah Carey)that have giving birth to twins, and actual celebrities like Ahster Kutcher and Scarlett Johansson being a twin themselves, I wanted to dig into some interesting facts and myths about twins that many people do not know about.
1. Everyone always complains about how hard it is to tell one identical twin from another. But there are ways and signs on how to tell them apart. One of the easiest ways one can tell a twin apart is by looking at their belly button. A naval (another word for belly button) is formed by a scar after the detachment of the umbilical cord. After the doctor cuts the cord and the stump falls off, one may notice that it may fall differently for both twins. This causes them to heal differently.
2. Another way to tell twins apart is to look for differences in their appearance. Contrary to what everyone believes no two identical twins are alike. There will always be a physical difference in the two twins. It can be from birthmarks, freckles, and moles. Tia and Tamara Mowry famous for acting as twins in the sitcom Sister, Sister are identical twins. How do people tell them apart? Tamara has a mole on her face. Tia has one on her neck.
3. Contrary to popular belief, identical twins have a different set of fingerprints, even though they share the same DNA. How can this be? In the beginning of their conception, the twins start off with the same fingerprints, but as they move around and touch the amniotic sac, they form ridges and lines on their hands which result in a different set of fingerprints.
Parents of identical twins often color coordinate their children to help identify them. They dress two girls in pink/white or purple/pink. In boys, it’s usually blue/green.
Accessorize your children. You can use accessories and bracelets. Parents are even known to paint a toenail to distinguish the twins. Just make sure that the accessories do not create a choking hazard and the paint used to color the nail is not toxic.
According to the CDC, the birthrate of twins for the last 30 years is up an alarming rate. Almost 70% between 1980 -2009. This increase is among white, black and Hispanic women. With African American women in the U.S giving birth to the majority of twins. With Hispanic women delivering the least.
Right now there are 4.5 million twins in America. 90,000 are born each year, That is 180,000 individuals. Since women are concentrating on their careers, they are staring their families later in life. Research has shown that women in their thirties were more likely to have a twin pregnancy.
Also, the increasing use of in vitro fertilization has increased the rate of twin pregnancies. During these procedures, it is not common to place more than one embryo in a woman increasing the chance of multiple pregnancies.
3. Africa is the continent with the largest percentage of twins in the whole world. A country in Africa, Nigeria, holds a native tribe of Yoruba which is known to have one of the highest rates of twin births in the world. Their diet is high in Yams, otherwise known as sweet potatoes.
This vegetable yams seem to trigger the release of FSH (Follicle- Stimulating Hormone which stimulates the ovaries to release more than one ovary. If the second ovum becomes fertilized the result would be multiple births.
Khodinhi is a small village in India that also has a high concentration of twins. In South America, Sao Pedro in Brazil share the same phenomenon
In the U.S, Massachusetts is the state with the highest percentage of twins at 4.5 of 100 births. Connecticut and New Jersey not far behind.
New Mexico has the lowest rate of twins in the U.S.
In contrast, the South Asian countries have the lowest birth rate of twins in the world. China twin rate is 1 to 300.
4. Twin language, idioglossia, and cryptophasia are all related to twins. Idioglossia is a language invented and spoken by only one person or few people. Cryptophasia is a language developed by twins that only twin children can understand. It is the secret language of twins.
Scientists believe this occurs in over 40% of twins.
Why do twins develop their own language? Well, the obvious is that they spend so much time together. Which gives them a ready playmate with the same developmental skills.
Researchers believe that twin language is actually delayed or poor speech in one twin or both. Delayed speech is related to a low birthrate and premature birth. 60% of twins are premature births.
To encourage twins to speak a correct language or the language of the house parents should talk to their children. Not in baby talk but language one would use to speak to them. Spend individual time with each one and have a small conversation with them. Ask questions give them the opportunity to express themselves. Read to them. It increases their language.
5. Can a twin have different fathers? A phenomenon called heteropaternal superfecundation is when a women release two eggs and are fertilized by a different man’s sperm. There appear to be less than ten cases worldwide. One may ask how can this be possible. Even though a woman’s egg can only live for two hours, a man’s sperm can live up to five days in a women’s reproductive system.
Rare in humans this is very common in animals. In the animal species, this is common to dogs, cats, cows, mice, and rodents.
Image from news.com.au
6. Is it possible for twins to be a different race? Experts believe that there is a 1 in 500 chance that parents can have fraternal twins of a different race. Each baby starts off as a separate fertilized egg. If the parents are bi-racial one twin may inherit all the dark-skinned genes the other all the light-skinned genes. There have been even rare cases like Alisson Spooner(white) and Dean Durrant(black) who had two sets of twins, seven years apart of different races. Experts say the odds of that is 2 in a million.
Born in different years? It seems to always happen at the end of the year. For example, one twin born at Sharp Mary Birch Hospital in Atlanta was born 11:56 pm on December 31, 2016. The other was born on January 1, 2017, at 12:20 am.
There is even one set of twins Reuben and Floren Blake. What makes this set of twins unique is that Reuben is five years older than Floren. This occurred by in vitro fertilization where a batch of the women’s eggs was fertilized outside the body. Two embryos were implanted but only one was successful, Reuben. The couple decided to have another child a few years later and implanted another embryo, Floren. Yes, they are still considered twins because they came from the same batch of embryos, even though they were born at different times.
Image from independent.co.uk
7. Researchers doing a study at the University of Washington found that twins tend to outlive the general population. Identical twins have a higher life expectancy than fraternal twins.
Researchers believe that it is their close bond that provides them with emotional support for each other. They know that they always have someone looking out for each other.
One would expect to have twins to take a toll on a woman’s body but a mother having twins also seem to have a longer lifespan, have more children than expected, bear children at shorter intervals, are older at their last birth, and have shorter postpartum recovery, according to a study at the University of Utah. Researchers believe that moms of twins are physically stronger and this is their chance to pass their genes at the same time.
8. Left-handed or Right handed? It seems that there are less than 10% of twins that are left-handed. It seems that there are more males than females that are left-handed. In 20% of twins, one is right handed the other is left.
Hope you enjoyed this blog post on twins. For more information on more blog post from K.I.D Clothes go to http://www.k-I-D-clothes.myshopify.com. for more blog posts and clothes.
Ramona Dejesus-Curtis is creator and founder of K.I.D Clothes. She is also a wife, mother, blogger, vlogger and special needs advocate being a mom to a special neeeds child.